RATIO ANALYSIS TO DETERMINE FINANCIAL STRENGTH
(Liquidity, Leverage. Asset Management, Operating Performance & Cash Flow)
Credit (Risk) Analysis is one of the most important functions performed by banks. Since interest and fee income from loans represent the largest source of revenue for banks, it is vital that thorough credit analysis be performed before loans are approved and funded.
The Credit Analysis process starts with spreading historical financial statements then calculating key ratios to determine the financial health of an organization. The purpose of this course is to expose the participant to the five vital signs of any organization and the required ratios to identify them. A detailed identification and definition of ratios will be covered to identify a firm’s:
- Working Capital Analysis
- Defensive Interval Ratio
- Activity Ratios for Working Capital Assets
- Activity Ratios for Working Capital Liabilities
- Ratios to Measure the Proportion of Support Provided by Owners and Creditors
- Asset Management
- To Measure the Ability of Management to Utilize Their Assets to Generate Sales and Profits
- Performance Ratios to Measure the Relationship Between Sales, Costs and Expenses and How Their Changes Affect the Bottom Line
- Cash Flow
- Uniform Cash Analysis to Determine the Sources and Uses of a Firm’s Cash as a Means of Serving Long-Term Debt
After attending this session, the participant will have a deeper understanding of ratio and credit analyses during the underwriting process. This should translate into well organized and clearly written credit memoranda where the participant will be more confident in explaining trends and the financial impact on customers and prospects.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THIS COURSE
- Credit Analyst
- Commercial Lenders
- Consumer Lenders
- Senior Credit and Loan Officers
- Loan Review Officers
- Branch Managers
"Jeffery did a fantastic job all week keeping us engaged in the material and involved. He was a fantastic coordinator & lead professor"
Cliff Knowlton, Prime South
"WONDERFUL!! Great Instructor, great information. Will definitely attend more of Jeffery's classes".
Ansley Oliver, Georgia Commerce Bank